Passwords are an essential part of securing our online accounts and protecting sensitive information from unauthorized access. To ensure the security of our systems and data, all users must adhere to the following password policy:
- Passwords must be 10 characters or longer.
- Passwords must contain at multiple uppercase and lower case letters
- Passwords must contain multiple symbols
- Passwords should not contain any words that are commonly found in dictionaries or personal information such as names, birthdates, or addresses.
- Passwords should be changed every six months, or immediately after any suspected or known compromise.
Tips for strong passwords:
- Use a passphrase or sentence that is easy to remember but hard to guess.
- Mix uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Avoid using the same password for multiple accounts.
- Use a password manager to generate and store strong passwords.
- Never share your password with anyone, and avoid writing it down where it can be easily seen or accessed.
By following these guidelines and best practices, you can ensure that your passwords are strong, secure, and resistant to hacking attempts, and help keep sensitive information safe.